Saturday, August 27, 2011

I am so easily distracted by fishing

I really appologise to anyone frustrated by my somewhat inconsistent follow-up on some posts.

I have an excuse!!!!111!!!


This was a very tasty, if small, bluefin tuna I caught fishing ~150 miles SW of San Diego, California. We were aboard the New Lo-An out from Point Loma. It was a good 1.5 day trip- good boat, good crew, and hungry fish. I returned home with about 50lbs of meat. Since fresh bluefin is selling retail for ~$27 a pound, I made better than retail on a $450 trip.

Next week I'll leave on the Pacific Queen for another shot at the tuna. One day will be my last off-shore trip, and then I'll be more diligent at writing.

2 comments:

RBH said...

Yeah, yeah, one more day. I've heard that before! :)

Gary S. Hurd said...

Yeah, well, gee...

I am working on painting the bathroom too. I hired a guy to do it, and I supervise.

Cimmynitly- the fish counts are exploding! Trips like the one I have on Wednesday are returning tonight with 200lb of fish per person.

Good to hear from you RBH